CAVA's 2023 Winter Theme Juried Show
February 2–28, 2023
Friday, February 3, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
Every work of art contains within a story, inspired by a special person, place, event, another artist, or medium. Come explore the narratives of CAVA members through their visual art at our winter theme show, and experience their stories.
at Dwell Studio Company
7449 West Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60634
Wednesday–Saturday, 1:00–6:00 p.m.
Juror: Jeanne Long, Executive Director, Chicago Collections
Awards: Best of Show: $300 | Special Awards: (3) $100 | Honorable Mentions: (3) $50 Blick Gift Card
CATEGORIES: Drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, collage, photography, fiber art,
3D objects/sculpture, ceramics.
ELIGIBILITY: This exhibit is open to artists 50 and over. You must also be a member of CAVA.
REQUIRED STATEMENT: Artists should submit a statement of up to 400 characters for each piece of work submitted, describing how the pieces fit the theme of "INSPIRED STORIES." When adding your work in Entrythingy, enter your statement into the description field under the TITLE field. Artists' statements will be displayed with the gallery tag.
1. All work must meet professional presentation standards.
2. 2-D work must be framed or gallery wrapped, wired, and ready for wall mounting. No sawtooth/alligator hangers.
3. 2-D must not exceed 40 inches in either direction, INCLUDING THE FRAME.
4. 3-D work must be wired and ready for wall mounting or fit on pedestals. Artists must provide their own pedestals.
5. Work may not have been shown in any previous CAVA art shows.
CAVA members may submit up to two works. The entry fee for one or two pieces is $30.
Entry fees are not refundable and acceptance into the show is not guaranteed.
Non-members may enter for $30, but must also pay CAVA's annual membership fee of $50.
Membership fees are payable at https://www.wearecava.org/join-cava
The $30 entry fee only can be paid using the PayPal Button here.
ARTWORK SALES AND COMMISSIONS: Dwell Studio will take a commission of 30%. Price your art accordingly.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Use CAVA's EntryThingy online application below.
2. Digital images should be a minimum of 1500 pixels on the longer dimension in jpg format.
3. Online submission deadline: Wednesday, December 30, 2022 11:59 p.m.
4. You can use the PayPal button above to pay your $30 entry fee. If needed, the $50 membership fee is payable at https://www.wearecava.org/join-cava, OR
All fees can be paid by mailing a check payable to CAVA to:
CAVA, Inspired Stories 2022 c/o Susan Bennett, 257 Lockwood Ave. Northfield, IL 60093
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: December 30, 2022 11:59 p.m.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK: January 5, 2023 11:59 p.m.
ARTWORK DROP OFF: Saturday, January 28, 2023 12:00 noon–2:00 p.m.
EXHIBIT OPENS: February 1, 2023
ARTISTS RECEPTION: Friday, February 3, 2023 6:00–9:00 p.m.
GALLERY HOURS: Wednesday–Saturday, 1:00–6:00 p.m.
ARTWORK PICK UP: Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 1:00–3:00 p.m
Artists are responsible for on time delivery and pick up. All work left beyond the pick up date is subject to a $10 daily storage fee.