Member's Show 2021 Call for Entries Online Application
April 30 – May 23, 2021
Edgewater ArtSpace, 1101 West Granville, Chicago, IL
Opening Reception: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 3:30–6:00 p.m.
Best of Show— $300;
3 Special Awards — $200;
3 Honorable Mentions – Gift Card
multi-media and collage artist
painter and public artist
Media Accepted: Drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, collage, photography, fiber art;
3D objects (sculpture, ceramics) that can be wall hung or placed on artist-supplied pedestal. Limited shelf display space is available for some sculptures.
NEW THIS YEAR: Video work! Note that if video work is accepted for display, exhibiting artist must provide display and sound equipment.
CAVA members may submit one work. Fee covered by membership.
Non-members must pay CAVA's annual membership fee of $50.
Fees are payable at using the Pay Pal Button here.
1. All work must meet professional presentation standards.
2. Work must be framed or gallery wrapped and wired, no alligator/sawtooth hangers permitted.
3. 2-D work: Must not exceed 40 inches framed each way.
4. 3-D work: Can be wired and ready for wall mounting, or have a sturdy base for pedestal display.
5. Time Art/Video work: Artists should provide all of the equipment and running instructions to ensure proper display of the work (sound, video display screen, computer). Video should be set up for continuous looping during gallery hours.
6. Work may not have been shown in any previous CAVA art shows.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Use CAVA's EntryThingy online application via the interface below.
2. Digital images should be 1500 pixels wide in the longer dimension, in jpg format.
3. VIDEO WORK: Artists need to supply a link to the work to the exhibition manager (Dorothy Mason, email@example.com) via email. Please include the title of work, run time, and what equipment it will be viewed on. Artists must provide all a/v or computer equipment needed to show video work.
3. List the file name for your work on the entry form.
4. Online submission deadline: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
5. Non-Members can use the PayPal button above to pay the $50 membership, or mail a check to:
Members' Show 2021
c/o Dorothy Mason,
1049 W. Balmoral Ave. # 2, Chicago, IL 60640 | 773-878-6442
ONLINE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
~ Thursday, April 15, 2021 DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
~ Thursday, April 29, 2021 Artwork DROP-OFF, 12:00 noon–2:00 p.m.
~ Friday, April 30, 2021 Exhibition Opens to the Public
~ Sunday, May 2, 2021 ARTIST'S RECEPTION, 3:30–6:00 p.m.
~ Saturday, May 22, 2021 Artwork PICK-UP, 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Art Drop-off and Pick-up location:
1101 West Granville, first floor ArtSpace.
Artists are responsible for on-time delivery and pick up.
All work left beyond the pick up date is subject to a $10 daily storage fee.