LATER IMPRESSIONS 2022
Call for Entries
Exhibition dates: October 8 – November 5, 2022
Artists' Reception: Sunday, October 16, 1:00–4:00 p.m.
at the Evanston Art Center, 1717 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201
Gallery Hours: Monday–Friday. 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Join us for the concurrent event
CAVA'S ANNUAL LEARNING SYMPOSIUM
Sunday, November 6, 2022, 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Best of Show — $500
3 Special Awards — $100
3 Honorable Mentions — ($50 Blicks gift card)
Entry Guidelines and Instructions
Use the ENTRYTHINGY form below to enter the exhibition once you read through the guidelines
Drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, collage, photography, video, fiber art, 3D objects/sculpture, ceramics.
This exhibit is open to artists 50 and over. You must also be a member of CAVA.
CAVA members may submit up to two works. Entry fee is $30.
Non-members may enter for $30, but must also pay CAVA's annual membership fee of $50.
All fees are payable using the PayPal button below under "How To Enter."
1. All work must meet professional presentation standards.
2. 2-D work must be framed or gallery wrapped, wired, and ready for wall mounting. No alligator/sawtooth hangers.
3. 2-D must not exceed 48 inches, framed, in either direction.
4. 3-D work must be wired and ready for wall mounting or fit on pedestals and must be able to be moved by two people. A limited number of pedestals may be available on site or artists can provide their own pedestals.
5. Work must have been completed after 1/1/2020.
6. Work may not have been shown in any previous CAVA art shows.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Use CAVA's EntryThingy online application below to enter your work.
2. Digital images should be 1500 pixels wide in the longer dimension in jpg format.
3. List the file name for each piece on the entry form.
4. Online submission deadline: Sunday, September 4, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
5. Use the PayPal button here to pay your $30 entry fee,
or the $30 entry fee PLUS the $50 membership ($80 total).
OR, mail a check payable to CAVA to:
CAVA, LI 2022 c/o Susan Bennett,
257 Lockwood Ave., Northfield, IL 60093
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Sunday, September 4, 2022 11:59 p.m.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK:
Monday September 12, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
DROP OFF: Tuesday October 4, 2022 3:00–6:00 p.m.
EXHIBIT OPENS: Saturday October 8, 2022.
ARTISTS' RECEPTION: Sunday October 16, 2022, 1:00–4:00 p.m.
Awards presentation at 2:00 p.m.
FINAL DAY OF EXHIBITION: Saturday November 5, 2022
ARTWORK PICK UP: Sunday November 6, 2022, Time TBD
Artists are responsible for timely delivery and pick up.
All work left beyond the pick up date is subject to a $10 daily storage fee & uninsured.
Instructions for Accepted Entrants
IDENTIFICATION OF WORK: Affix a label on the back of your work
with artist's name, title, and price.
DELIVERY OF WORK / Drop off location: Evanston Art Center
1717 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201
TO SHIP work, contact Show Manager, Susan Bennett,
at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Liabilities and Responsibilities:
Submission of work for this exhibit will be construed as acceptance of all conditions set forth in the Call for Entry. CAVA reserves the right to not display work that does not meet exhibition standards or the terms of this CFE. Reasonable precautions will be taken to safeguard artists' work from damage; however, neither CAVA nor Evanston Art Center nor its supporters, volunteers, subcontractors, nor any of the participating agencies or businesses will be responsible for the loss or damage of artwork for any reason. CAVA requires that all exhibitors sign a release form; forms will be available at the drop-off location and may also be downloaded from wearecava.org.
Artwork Sales and Commissions
CAVA will provide to the Evanston Art Center a price list for all pieces of Artwork on display in the Exhibition.
Evanston Art Center will handle sales of artwork and will collect a commission of 35% of any work sold during the exhibition dates. Please price your work accordingly.
CAVA CONTACT INFORMATION
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/Chicago-Alliance-of-Visual-Artists